We all make mistakes… At SaveDirect Insurance we look at other rating factors than just your DUI to ensure we deliver you the most affordable DUI and SR-22 insurance in California. We are the DUI and SR-22 specialist! We provide immediate FREE SR-22 filings with the DMV along with providing our clients an original certificate for immediate license reinstatement. Restricted license? Not eligible for reinstatement? Financing a vehicle and need comprehensive and collisions coverage? We have a program for you!
WHAT IS AN SR-22 FORM
An SR-22 form is a document that helps the DMV and the state of California ensure that motorists are financially responsible for their driving. Certain drivers are deemed to be at risk because of past violations (as listed below) and are therefore required to file an SR-22 form with their auto insurance company. The auto insurance company will keep record of the SR-22 as well as providing the motorist and the state DMV with a copy.
In the state of California there are three different types of SR 22 forms:
1. An Operator’s Policy Certificate which covers the financial responsibility in the case the motorist does not own a vehicle.
2. An Owner’s Policy Certificate that covers the financial responsibility for vehicles owned by the motorist.
3. A Broad Coverage Policy Certificate covers financial responsibility for all the vehicles that are owned or not owned by the motorist.
WHEN IS AN SR 22 REQUIRED?
The SR-22 financial responsibility insurance form is required for specific drivers in California. The form(s) may be required for the following reasons:
1. If you have any safety responsibility suspensions. For example, if you were an uninsured driver and were involved in an accident in the past but did not pay the requisite compensation.
2. If you have any unsatisfied judgment suspensions. For example, if you, as a driver were involved in an accident in the past and then you had an unsatisfactory judgment entered against you.
3. If you have a restricted license.
4. If you have had your license revocated.
5. For individuals convicted of DUI.